Saturday, October 3, 2015

Remembrance-10/3/15

I am the type of person who doesn’t care too terribly much about what people think about me. There are people in my life whose opinion matters, do not get me wrong. However, when people don’t like me for no good reason, I don’t generally concern myself with it. That being said, I often wonder how people perceive me, and whether or not my existence is valued by many. From friends and family to people that barely know me, have I made an impact, a difference in their lives? If I died tomorrow, how would I be remembered, and what would I be remembered for?
Physically, I am not very memorable. I have blonde hair, blue eyes, average to slightly above average height, average weight, fair but warm skin tone, straight teeth, and the condition of either being so hot I’m cranky or so cold I’m miserable. My personality is an interesting one, I suppose. I am kind but honest, and I hold my morals to a very high personal standard. I work hard, but hold my personal life to a much larger degree of importance. I love fiercely and unconditionally, but my trust is hard to gain back when broken. I can be playful, adventurous, and fun, but I can be serious, even dismal. I like making others happy, and go out of my way to do so, but I also make selfish decisions at times.
I would like to think that I would be remembered, and I hope that I touched people’s lives during my seventeen years on this planet. I have no disillusions that I somehow bettered the world, but I can only hope I will be missed by a few. I hope that I would be remembered for making people laugh or being caring and thoughtful, rather than for my short temper and darker moments in life. This topic saddens me greatly because I cannot honestly see myself as someone who would be remembered by many for much more than existing. For those close to me, I can only say I hope they never forget me, because I could certainly never forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment