Saturday, September 19, 2015

Weather-9/18/15


Unlike most people, my usual favorite weather isn't sunny or bright. Though I do enjoy the sunshine for certain things, and I love summer fun, I actually prefer rumbling thunder and rain. It is beautiful to gaze at, and it helps me sleep. Plus, waking up to such weather instantly lifts my spirits, and I need all the spirit-lifting I can get in the morning. I don’t do mornings too gracefully…or willingly.
I like to dance in the rain, walk in the rain, and listen to the rain. Stormy weather puts a damper on some things, but also opens up world of possibilities and freedom. The smell of rain is unlike any other, and the sense of calm I am immersed in in such weather is remarkable.
Weather is sporadic and ever-changing. Sometimes I like the weather to fit my mood. I hate how unpredictable it is, but enjoy wondering what tomorrow will bring. Sunny day? Stormy night? Ideally both. The weather and its effect on us as humans is profound and greatly intrigues me. It can change what we do, say, plan, wear, and feel. It affects how we travel, and where we travel to. It is everywhere all the time and usually goes on each day without being pondered to deeply by most. I am the same way, but sometimes I do stop and notice, whether it’s the snowflakes landing on my exposed skin, the sun turning my skin more bronze, or rain making my hair look a couple shades darker and wavy.

The weather makes me happy at times, and greatly frustrated at others, most commonly when I’m cold or it somehow caused an inconvenience in my plans. I hardly pay the weather the attention it deserves, and to be completely honest, a lot of the science behind it bores me. So what better journal topic than one that is usually in the recesses of my mind, rarely emerging and for brief moments at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment