Monday, September 28, 2015

Insight-9/28/15



There is one thing I have come to realize about my life: it’s most often a domino effect, particularly when the events are bad. By this I mean, that when one bad thing happens or goes wrong, it’s almost a guarantee that a bunch of things are sure to follow and mess up the next few weeks, if not longer. As if on cue, something pretty difficult to get through occurred in my life recently with someone I care a lot about, and then something else happened with some very close family, and then something happened at work.  This all happened it the matter of two to three weeks, and the aftermath from every single event is still very much present in each day.

However, perhaps the only positive of all this is the insight I have gained, and the life lessons I have learned. First of all, things can change without warning in the blink of an eye. Cherish happy times, even the small ones, and enjoy every moment with those you love. I came to the painful realization that once someone is no longer in your life, or is altered in it in some way now, it is the little things you miss the most about them and the time you spent with them. When someone leaves your life or hurts you or someone you care about, it makes you question yourself and even question them and if any of the time you spent with them was genuine. I learned that worldly things consume some people and they are willing to throw their life (and anyone who stands in their way) away. I learned everyone has a limit, and building up anger usually leads to a blowup over something that you would normally brush off. I learned that one must be careful who they take their anger, grief, and sadness on and be sure not to push away those who don’t deserve it. I learned life is even harder and crueler than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment