Monday, September 14, 2015

50 Things I Love-9/14/15


For today’s entry, I wanted to compile a few categories of things I love that total 50. I hope that in doing so, I can ponder on life’s simple pleasures, both materialistic and non-materialistic. Firstly, I will discuss one of the most important parts of life, the people in it. I love more people than this, but for today’s purposes, I will include ten. Contained within my immediate family makes up half of the people to be mentioned. I love my dad, mom, both brothers, and my stepdad. For my sixth, I am going to name someone who isn’t human: my dog, Shadow. He has been my best friend in many situations. For today’s purposes I am going to lump my maternal grandmother and my other set of grandparents into one being, making up my seventh. I love my boyfriend of many months. Last but not least, I have love my best friends, one of whom is male and lives in Missouri, and the other who is a female and lives in Texas. 

Now, I will list my ten favorite book/movie quotes and/or song lyrics. This is tough because I have so many favorites and it is hard to narrow it down so much. As for book/movie quotes, a few will be cheesy, and I accept this. “That’s the thing about pain. It demands to be felt.” –The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. “You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life.”- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever.”-The Vow. “Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along, in bitterness. And I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life”-‘How to Save a Life’ by the Fray. “And I don’t want the world to see me ‘cause I don’t think that they’d understand, when everything’s meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am” ‘Iris’ by the Goo Goo Dolls. “Say you'll remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset babe. Red lips and rosy cheeks, say you'll see me again even if it's just in your wildest dreams”-‘Wildest Dreams’ by Taylor Swift. Four more to go. “We all go a little mad sometimes”-Psycho. “If you expect nothing from anybody, you’re never disappointed” -The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. “Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you.” –If I Stay by Gayle Foreman. “May the force be with you.”-Star Wars.

I will now name six activities I enjoy, in no particular order! I enjoy playing tennis and Frisbee, two of the very limited list of sports I am okay at. I also love to write, definitely much more so if the topic and time constraints, etc. are up to me. I also enjoy reading, though I find myself seldom doing that anymore. I enjoy making money quite a lot. Finally, I enjoy driving. Also, being taken on drives, which is something I have enjoyed literally since infancy. Now I will name four games I like. First, I would have to say Guitar Hero. I also like hide and seek. As for board/card games, I like A LOT.I suppose for today’s purposes I will choose Life and Cranium.

Three of my favorite restaurants are Olive Garden (yum!), Poncho Villas, and Golden Corral. Delving deeper into specific food and drinks, I will mention my top favorites. Top four food/meals would be: fettucine Alfredo, fruit salad, corned beef brisket, and pizza. My top six drinks would have to be: smoothies, lemonades and limeades, sparkling white grape juice, apple cider (both hot and sparkling), coffee in many flavors and forms, and slushies (especially lemon berry). For one of my last topics in my equation of 50 things I love, I will list desserts. I love rice and raisins made by my dad, lemon poppy seed cake, chocolate-covered strawberries, and cookies.

Finally, in the spirit of composition class, for my final three things to equal 50, I will focus on a few of my favorite writers. I like Nicholas Sparks, and think he is a very talented writer, as is John Green. I also like Janet Evanovich and she has one series in particular that I quite enjoy. It is hard to limit myself to three, but I suppose that will do for now. 50 things I love.
             




No comments:

Post a Comment