Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Work in Progress-9/16/15

No one is perfect, though some have it together better than others. There are those which have life figured out, or at least seem to, and there are the rest of us, the people like me. But, rather than how the world or its inhabitants could improve or better conform to my needs, I want to talk about how I can work on myself. I look at myself in a harsher light than most of the people around me. I know this isn’t healthy, but it is who I am. I am critical of myself and dislike many things. There are many character traits I could improve on.
Patience is one of the bigger ones that comes to mind. I do have a temper, and sometimes I am overly impatient with certain situations or people. I would like to be a more patient person. Also, I would like to find a way to let go of some of the anxiety, stress, and worries I seem to always carry. I hope to be able to accept that there are certain things I cannot change, so shouldn’t worry myself sick about them. Going through life in a state of stress simply hurts my health and decreases the happiness of myself and those around me. I also hope to one day lessen the weight upon my shoulders, and be in a genuine good, happy place in life. I could also work on not overreacting about certain things, and turning otherwise negative turn of events into an adventure. I also hope to learn to not let those around me dictate my mood so much. Of course, when my loved ones hurt, I hurt, just as I share in their triumphs and laughter. However, I am very guilty of letting a coworker, teacher, fellow student, even my parents bring me down when they are having a bad day. Just because my manager at work is cranky and irritable because she had been fighting with her fiancĂ© does not mean I need to spend the rest of my shift, or even my day, miserable or cranky myself because of it. Finally, I want to work on letting things that happened in the past go. I have a philosophy of “forgive but don’t forget”, and in a way that works. However, holding on to things I have done, or someone else has done in their past is unhealthy and leads to unnecessary pent-up anger. I hope that I can improve in these aspects, and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment