Friday, September 25, 2015

Worry-9/24/15



More often than not, even when all my homework is done, daily chores are taken care of, and Bible verses are read, I lie awake for a while in my room while the rest of the town is asleep. Worry and doubt cloud my mind and hinder my ability to drift into the beauty of unconsciousness. Some of my worry is rooted in genuine necessity, but some of it is simply me worrying about things I can’t change. Deep down I know that laying there making myself even more sleep deprived isn’t solving anything whatsoever, but it isn’t enough to make me stop. I am a worrier, a title I am neither proud of nor ashamed of.

I worry about homework, whether it’s college or high school, and whether it’s my grades or an upcoming paper, project, or assignment. I worry about my family, certain members more frequently than others. I worry about my pregnant cousin and my little brothers. I worry about my parents, and my grandparents. I worry about my friends, especially when they are being challenged by hard times. I worry about my close friend, and how he works too much and neglects many parts of his life because of it. I worry about the decisions he makes and how he chooses to deal with the stress he’s under right now. I worry about being in love. I worry about the future, quite a lot actually. I worry about my career, finances, moving out, college, a place to live, and more. I worry about everyone and everything at times it seems. Sometimes I honestly worry for the whole world. What a weight on my shoulders, to feel pain for an entire planet. Finally, when everyone else has been fussed over, I sometimes worry about myself. I worry about physical changes and what caused them. I worry about the feelings I feel sometimes. I worry about dissecting myself and tearing myself down. I worry I’m somehow insulting God by not just entrusting my problems completely to Him, and getting them off my mind. I worry I’ll never be able to stop worrying and just let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment