Sunday, September 20, 2015

Dear Future Me-9/20/15



Dear Future Madison,

I hope this is finding you well. I often wonder where I will be in the future five, ten, twenty years from today. Maybe you are rich and happy and in love, or maybe you are miserable and slaving your life away. Obviously, I am rooting for the former, but you know better than anyone that life is usually not that gracious. If you are still with your boyfriend and he’s treating you better, you should feel proud of yourself for overcoming the rocky couple of months and defying the odds. If you are not with him anymore because he took you for granted or you felt you deserved to be treated better, then good for you! Heartbreak is hard, and you showed true strength no matter which decision you made. I am quite sure you will still have a relationship with Mom and Dad, and I hope it is a good one, that is not as strained as it is now in the teen years. Tell Mom she is doing well for herself and tell Dad thank you for everything. If Shadow, our dog slash best friend is no longer frolicking around and sliding on his back, look up in the treetops at the squirrels scurrying around. He liked that. Who am I kidding, Shadow will never die. Pet him and pay attention to him. He needs love, and you are guilty of being too busy to scratch his tummy nowadays so make it up to him after you read this. Give your brothers a call just to say I love you. They are ornery boys but it would mean a lot, and they can be sweet (when they want to be). I hope by now you have worth and self-confidence. I hope you love yourself unlike you do right now. I hope that the pain of your past never stops you from making an awesome future. Hold your head up, you’ve made it through worse.

                                                                                      Madison of the Past, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment