Thursday, September 17, 2015

My Perfect Day-9/17/15



There are few moments in my life that I would call perfect. I have definitely experienced perfection, but such moments are rare. Because of this, they are more special. However, I don’t want to focus on mere events or people throughout the day, but rather, a setting. What would my perfect day look and feel like?


I am usually more of a night owl. If I had it my way, I would stay up late and sleep in the next morning. However, the cloak of nightfall sometimes limits what can be done. So, my perfect day would stay frozen at twilight, right at the transition between night and day. It would be warm outside, but not hot or humid. There would be no mosquitoes, and the only insects seen flying around would be fireflies. There would still be light enough to see and enjoy, but definitely not the direct blinding rays of the sun. I would instead want a glow in the night sky filled with stars. I would be outside for a while, smelling the faint scent of faraway rain and storms. I might go inside later, but for now I want to enjoy the degree of serenity that only outside can bring.


That brings me to the other very important aspect of my perfect day, or setting frozen in time. I would be completely happy, untroubled by stress, sadness, anger, or worry. I would have only happy thoughts and would feel the weight of the world lift from upon my shoulders. As for pain in my life, I would escape it for a little while. Memories would be good ones, and my thoughts would be positive. I would feel completely free, and in a state of bliss. I could smile without the hindrances of doubt, and I would make it a day I would always remember with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment