Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Patterns of Behavior-9/29/15



For today’s entry I had to step back and really analyze myself. I thought about my behaviors, quirks, sayings, and (sometimes annoying) habits. I thought of a few on my own. But I realized they look at me and observe things I probably don’t even realize I do much more than I do. So, I enlisted some help for this topic from some people that are close to me to add to my own list of observations.

First is eye contact. I understand the importance of eye contact. It can serve many purposes, and can convey many different messages and emotions. However, under certain circumstances and around certain people, my eye contact is lacking, to say the least. As much as I wish I could hold a firm, steady gaze around every person and in every situation, I just cannot. Whether this is due to fear, embarrassment, or a gross lack of self-confidence, I am not sure. Also, when I get nervous, I blink a lot. Now that I think about it, I probably look a little strange. Just like anyone, I have a few common sayings. They evolve and change with time, but right now I have a few things I regularly say. I realize they make my spoken grammar appear questionable. “Good talk”, “bleh”, “you ain’t my pa”, “good choices were made”, and “I’m fine” are some of the phrases most common to me. Another pattern of behavior I claim is overthinking-a lot! Sometimes I also notice myself touching my hair, and occasionally slightly biting at my lip. I tend to talk to myself (sometimes not the most proper terms) when I am angry, though mumbling may more appropriately describe it. I also tend to be more irritable when I am worried about something or someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment