Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Freewriting

"I believe music is my solace"
I have been tasked with writing, unstopping, for ten minutes. This seems like a large challenge. Challenge accepted. Music...I believe it is soothing and I absolutely lean on it every single day. From blaring rock when I'm angry to today's hits when I want to dance to popping in some earbuds and listening to anything that will drown out the buzz of the world, I love listening to music. There are so many aspects to music. Do not be mistaken, I can neither read nor write sheet music. It is the act of listening to it that I enjoy. Rythym and tempo to fit my current mood, or perhaps I'm feeling adventurous and am just flipping through the radio, as usual. My music taste is very varied. From hard rock to pop to alternative to country, I like most everything but screamo, hard rap, jazz, opera, and classical. I call music my solace because it is literally a part of my life every single today. Whether on the car ride to work, or like today when I listened to some music off my phone at lunch to watching a fancy music video on YouTube, I love it!!!!! There is truly a song for most every trial in life, and is like a caring friend who is empathetic and soothing. Music is not what I would credit for getting me through hard times in life, but it definitely helped. Why my brain is made up of 75% song lyrics, and 25% anything and everything else, I am not sure. Sometimes I find it amusing, and other times I find it ridiculous. I am at one of my most pure selves when I am dancing to some music and lypsyncing every word, much to the amusement of any passengers I may have at the time, particularly my boyfriend who has voiced being impressed with my lyric memorization of hundreds upon hundreds of songs. Do I think my love for music is a teenage phase? Nope. Do I see my reliance on music to boost me up going away anytime soon? Nope. Ten minutes is up, I feel like I should have written more.
367 WORDS 

No comments:

Post a Comment