Monday, September 28, 2015

Unhealthy Habits-9/27/15



I don’t go out drinking, and I do not do illegal drugs. I am not a prostitute and I am not addicted to much other than caffeine and my phone. However, I am quite guilty of having some unhealthy habits. When I was younger, as a coping mechanism I presume, I used to bite my fingernails. I did it for years and years until finally one day I just stopped. Now, some of my habits are a little less common and socially acceptable.

Firstly, my eating habits. I used to do some pretty dumb things when it came to eating, but now I usually just don’t eat as much as I should. I have lost weight, and I like it, but those around me aren’t sharing in my sentiments as much. I don’t eat regularly and because of this, sometimes I can go long periods of time without feeling hungry. Other times, like today at work with no break, I felt like I was withering away I was so hungry. Food is fuel, and sometimes I run on empty.

Another unhealthy habit is major and self-admitted sleep deprivation. Between homework, work, and talking to friends (but mostly the former), I get a maximum of six hours per night, but usually less. I get to sleep in usually once a month, if that, as my weekend mornings are spent getting up early for work and my weekday mornings are spent getting up for school. A day of getting to sleep in and catching up on some much-needed sleep is a treasure and I feel as though sleep has been a luxury as of late, to my dismay.

A habit deemed unhealthy more by others than by myself is how I view myself and how I treat and talk to myself. I hate myself, physically and mentally, and I am not dumb enough to believe otherwise. My self-image is neither healthy nor positive, and my self-confidence is virtually nonexistent about most things. I over-analyze, over-criticize, and belittle myself. It is not good, not fun, and CERTAINLY not healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment