Friday, September 11, 2015

Goals-9/11/15



       Today I wanted to take a look at a few of my biggest short-term goals at the moment. I am a very organized person, so I definitely have goals. I will say, however, that though I like having plans, but I also like to live in the moment. If anyone is a walking contradiction, it’s me. All that being said, goals are something I have a lot of right now, as is stress and worry! No one ever prepares you for these feelings because I don’t think it’s something you can cushion yourself for. Moving through the stages of life is extremely hard. Right now I’m right in the transition into adulthood. I am torn between my insatiable desire to be completely independent and an adult, and the times I just want to watch cartoons in my “jammies” after naptime. Sleep is a laughable concept for me right now.

       Now, for those goals. First and foremost, I want to move out when I graduate. My birthday is in May, and I am not saying the day of my birthday I’m going to pack up all my stuff and leave. I just mean within a month or so of graduation and turning eighteen, it is a goal of mine to get an apartment, hopefully an affordable one so that I don’t have to have roommates. I cannot wait for a place of my own. Will I still go see my family and invite them over? Of course. But, I will also have so much more freedom and less rigidity in curfew etc. I am not going to start making stupid decisions just because I don’t have supervision. Rather, I am going to soak it in, take advantage of my freedom, but not abuse it. I will still have responsibilities and I will be more accountable for my actions than ever before. But, I cannot wait to move out! I am saving and working even when I don’t want to or necessarily have to, just so I can have the money when the time comes and still have some to live off of.

       Another big short-term goal of my own is furthering my education. I am not a fan of school, and the thought of four more years leaves me less than enthusiastic, to say the least. However, I want a high-paying job that I actually enjoy and that gives me time off to travel and do other things I enjoy. I am currently employed at what is my first “real” job, and have been for well over a year. I am successful and have learned a lot of very valuable life lessons here. But, more often than not, I am miserable. I don’t want to feel that way going to work for the rest of my life, so I am using education as an avenue to better myself and my situation. I am hoping that all my hard work now, and early start opportunities I have taken will allow me to graduate college a bit early when the time comes. That is a long-term goal, however, so I will refocus. Short-term, I want to get a full ride scholarship, or at least full tuition coverage, and go to a college I enjoy. I would prefer hybrid classes, both seated and online. I have also prioritized selecting a major or at least a general path in the next six months or so. My time to decide is running out, and I feel as though I have absolutely no idea, and it is too large and permanent of a decision to just figure out as I go.

       Finally, I hope to stay in the relationship I’m in now. It is something that is important to me, and I have made sacrifices in working my way towards this goal. Speaking of relationships, before high school ends and I move out and make other big changes, I’d like to strengthen my relationship with other important people in my life, like my close friends and family. I hope never to lose sight of what is important in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment